Families are Forever
Monday, January 11, 2010
Domestic Diva
So I have decided that Im something of a domestic diva..not like those crazy women that insist on the mini doilies on the arm rests and curtains that match their apron, but Im really not horrible at this whole homemaking thing...I sewed an apron for my mom for Christmas, and while there were a few mishaps, the alterations I made to the apron turned out pretty good! I was very surprised! The house is cleaner than usual, and the ranch chores are getting done in an efficient manner that I was worried would fall apart after dad started working. Now Im not saying that their house is spotless by any means, or that things are going better than they ever have before, but Im saying that Im finding this good practice for that elusive someday when I have my own family and home. Im very proud of my abilities in the kitchen, last week I made a roast and 3 loaves of bread at the same time, and today Im trying my hand at homemade chicken pot pies. So while this may be a little proud...a little bit of tooting my own horn, but I never even touch my horn let alone toot it, so I feel a little justified in saying that I am a good cook. My own house was decorated tastefully even though I lacked sufficient funds to make it look like it was done well. I can sew, it might not be enough to make a beautiful gown, but I can make blankets and curtains and I can follow a pattern enough to try almost anything else. So I guess what Im trying to say is that while I might not be oozing the kind of domestic divahood that seems to come naturally to those that are majoring in early childhood education, I seem to have been blessed with at least a few of the skills desirable in a wife and mother. LOL....I guess its safe to say that this could come in handy later :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment