Families are Forever
Sunday, June 6, 2010
Apron strings and other things
I just had the most wonderful weekend! I spent the last 2 days with Kyle and Ray, and it was just SO much fun! we got out and saw some pretty country and all three of us just had a great chance to get away from home, from families and social pressures. (did get asked more than once if I was dating either of them, though...that was a little awkward! LOL they can both do WAY better than me!) Over the course of the weekend, my parents called or texted several times wanting to know where I was, and what I was doing, when I would be back. When I got home, they wanted to know every detail of what we did and where we went, and while I have nothing to hide, I found myself a little envious of Kyle, his family didnt even know he left, and with us in my car, it looked like he was home. He didnt have to check in, or submit a detailed travel report. I love my family, and I know that they care, but sometimes I just want a little bit of...adult space. I didnt grill them on all their activities over the weekend, and I did let them know the basics of where I was. I just get tired of feeling like Im 15, like I have to check in every 20 minutes, and that I have to give every detail. I am an adult and I can manage my life fairly well most of the time. I feel a little justified in saying that I dont have to tell them everything, and Im not gonna. While it was just a regular trip with my guys, and we had a good time, I dont feel like I have to dish every moment of the 2 days we were together. I just feel like for the last 4 hours Ive been home, its been one question after another. I dont get privacy, actually...my brother walked in my room the other day while I was changing...awkward. I guess my biggest frustration is right now, that I am nearly 22 years old, and yet I still feel 10. I know they do it because they care, but cant they respect the fact that I dont have to tell them everything?! Cant they just trust that I'll do the right thing? is it possible to live at home (yeah I know...I need to move out, which I will do as soon as I get the money!) and not be treated like a child?! and most importantly, is it possible to not cut the apron strings, but to be untied a little? *sigh* this is all more confusing and difficult than I thought!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
oh lady I hear ya! ;) hahaha hang in there. One day we're gonna be mommas worrying about our babies too!
ReplyDeletehaha thanks Jo! Sometimes I think its a little easier on their end!
ReplyDelete