I know its been forever since I've written. It would seem that school keeps me busy enough that I fail to update my blog. I hope you all had a fantastic Christmas and that you rang in 2012 in style. Can you believe that its been 2 years since I started my blog?! I look back at where I have been and my heart is filled with gratitude at the circumstances that put me where I am. I would have never thought that through my life being shattered that I could ever find anything from it, but I have, and what has been rebuilt is stronger and more beautiful than anything I could have imagined. I find myself looking at almost every day as a gift and an adventure. I have made so many new friends and I am so happy with everything. The Lord is truly incredible because He gives us not what we want, but what we need. I think this time of year is cause for a lot of reflection and it is a chance for new commitment. This year I have come up with a few resolutions, mostly silly, but I want to share them here. (Because its my blog, haha I can do that!)
1. Uncover my 6 pack. Believe it or not, I had one once, and Id love to find it again, even if it isn't very defined. I love working out and getting in shape, I love the pull and burn of my muscles as they become stronger. I know that most people have some kind of resolution to work out/lose weight, and so this may seem a little wrote, but Im not trying to lose weight or anything, Im just doing this for myself, to prove I can...kinda silly, I know, but Im excited to try!
2. Find financial stability. I hate having to borrow money, it would be awesome to not have to worry about which bills to pay or to decide between a bill and food. I would love to be able to afford something nice without having to stress about it. Which is why I have decided to:
3. Join a reservist military group. They will help me pay for school, give me a consistent paycheck, make me a stronger person, allow me to make a difference in the world and open opportunities for me later in life. Im scared to death, but Im excited to see if I can do this!
4. Not go on any date I dont really want to go on. Yep, Im not going to force myself to go on anymore bad blind dates, participate in anymore awkward set ups or do anymore charity dates. I have a commitment to myself to only go on dates with people I want to go out with, I will thoughtfully consider blind dates before agreeing to anything and I will allow myself to be firm and clear with anyone that shows more interest in me than I do in them. Im tired of hearing the word 'dating' and automatically dreading whatever follows...and it turns out, I dont have to! I chose to be happy with my dating life, even if it is a lack of one, and I chose to not feel obligated to go out with someone. My time is precious, so only the important people in my life get it.
5. Go a little out of my comfort zone. I want to be a little braver, a little more outgoing, a little more adventuresome, a little more compassionate. I want to stretch myself a little more to be a better person.
6. Prepare and set a date to receive my endowments in the House of the Lord. I finally get to go, and I am SO happy!
7. Try to make a difference every day.
8. Send someone flowers anonymously.
9. Laugh every chance I get
10. Love myself like Im the only one that matters.
I hope you all have a great holiday season, and I hope that you have found yourself a new resolve to do something new with either your circumstances or your outlook. I love you all, and may you always remember that no matter what, you are loved!
Happy 2012 all! God Bless! <3
No comments:
Post a Comment