ok well I was wishing today that I had a place to put all my poems from facebook into one place so that I dont have to go hunting for them. then I thought to myself..."wait! I have a blog! isnt that what its for?!" so tada! here is a collection of my poetry...yeah its not very long ok...but its more than one so its a collection...enjoy!
Song for the Brokenhearted
Baby, ever since you said goodbye
Ive been trying to get on with my life,
I moved to a new town,
But boy, I swear I still see you around.
You’re the first thought when I open my eyes,
And the last thought when I say goodnight.
I just wish that you could see
What I see in you and me.
I still miss you, I still need you
I still want you, I still breathe you.
Baby can’t you see what you mean to me?
Don’t you know it? How can I show it?
Do you miss me?
I still pray every day,
Keep asking God to show me His way
But each day the answer is still the same,
And because of that I feel no shame.
I pray and I try with all of my might,
But no matter what, I still see you in my life.
So I wait and I hope for the day that you see
What I see in you and me.
I still miss you, I still need you
I still want you, I still breathe you.
Baby can’t you see what you mean to me?
Don’t you know it? How can I show it?
Do you miss me?
I think someday there will come a time
For you to finally be mine.
I can’t wait for the chance,
for us to find everlasting romance.
When time finds us in its grace
And we are sealed in that holy place.
But until then,
I’ll wait for you, my friend.
I’ll still miss you, I’ll still need you
I’ll always want you, My heart will always beat for you.
Baby one day you will see what you mean to me
Then you will know it, and I can show it.
And then you won’t have to miss me…
This Child's Prayer
Dear Lord,
please hold me in the hollow of thy hand tonight, keep my fears at bay,
please comfort me while I cry tonight, while quietly I lay,
please give my spirit that sweet rest, that comes in quiet sleep,
please help me always do my best, so Thy promises you will keep.
please heal my heart with love so dear, and help me to believe,
please help me always know you are near, let me my destiny achieve.
Take a Chance on Me
Well boy I see you looking at me
And I tell you, Ive seen that look before
You will say you love me, but I wont believe you.
I dont want to get hurt anymore.
The truth is Im so scared to mess up again,
and it feels like dreaming is my long lost friend.
So Ill give you a smile and a touch of my hand,
Since thats the only way I know to make you understand
Please, Take a chance on me,
'cause I just wanna fly.
I just want to hear I Love You
Instead of one more goodbye.
So Please, just take my hand,
Yes, Im scared too
But Im willing to try a little of me, with you.
Dont want to take it too fast,
But Im scared if I wait..
Your gonna see my broken heart,
and run before its too late.
I want to know what it feels like,
To see "I Love You" shining back in someones eyes
I just want that chance to have my dreams come true,
and Ive waited so long for someone like you.
So Please take a chance on me,
Oh, 'cause I wanna fly.
I just want to hear I Love You,
Instead of one more goodbye.
So Please, Just take my hand...
Yes, Im scared too,
But Im willing to try a little of me, with you.
Ive been hurt so badly before
That its not easy to love me.
But I dont want to be alone anymore.
Oh please! Cant you see?!
I just want to love you
For always and evermore
I just want to be with you,
Im the proof standing on this floor.
I want to be the one you wake up lying with,
and I want to seal our love in one soft, slow kiss.
So I ask you, Please, take a chance on me
Oh, 'cause I wanna fly!
I just want to hear I Love You,
Instead of another goodbye
So Please, take my hand...
Yes, Im scared too,
But Im willing to try a little of me, with you.
Please, Dont give up on me
Cause I SO want to fly.
Though it might be hard,
You can see it in my eyes.
So Ill take your hand,
Here, in trusting faith
And Hope for forever, before its too late.
Please, take a chance on me
Rise Phoenix Rise
Theres a girl sitting all alone
Broken heart and her mascara’s run.
He promised forever but he left her high and dry
And she is settling in for another crying night
Shes in the ashes, her hopes gone dim
But shes strong and she will forget about him
Rise Phoenix, Rise, its an upward flight,
Soon you will soar through an endless sky.
Rise Phoenix, Rise, it will be alright
So go ahead and cry, but soon you will find
That deep inside is an ember burning,
It will grow, it will shine, it will refine.
So Rise Phoenix, Rise.
Theres a lady sitting in a chair
Broken heart, wonders if anyone cares.
She lost her baby only 6 weeks ago,
Cant help but feel like theres no more hope.
Shes in the ashes, her joy is burned out.
But she is strong, of that there is no doubt.
Rise Phoenix Rise, its an upward flight,
Soon you will soar through an endless sky.
Rise Phoenix Rise, it will be alright
So go ahead and cry, but soon you will find
That deep inside is an ember burning,
It will grow, it will shine, it will refine.
So Rise Phoenix Rise.
Theres a woman sitting there on that lawn
Hears that sad song and knows he is gone.
He fought so long and hard but that cancer won.
And now her sweetheart is with God and his Son.
Shes in the ashes, her faith has been snuffed
But she and God are made of stronger stuff
Rise Phoenix Rise, its an upward flight,
Soon you will soar through an endless sky.
Rise Phoenix Rise, it will be alright
So go ahead and cry, but soon you will find
That deep inside is an ember burning,
It will grow, it will shine, it will refine.
So Rise Phoenix Rise.
When you feel like your whole world has died
And you feel like every tear has been cried.
Just remember the one
Who gave his own Son
He was in the ashes, His life put out.
But he rose again amid that glorious shout.
Rise Savior Rise, Into everlasting life
Teach me to soar through an endless sky
Rise Savior Rise, I know it will be alright
You will teach and will guide
You will stay here by my side
I will grow and I will shine and I will be refined.
So Rise Savior, Rise.
I hope that these somehow touch you or say something you needed to say. Im not very good at writing the lighthearted things, but Ill try to get better. stay tuned!
No comments:
Post a Comment