So...I have a job interview tomorrow and Im SUPER nervous, and so what do I do when Im nervous or scared or excited? (I ramble and have run-on sentances?) I write poetry. More often than not it comes out SUPER retarded or way too profound to share with the rest of the world, but every now and then, I get courageous to share my poems..the really good ones...and usually I get this nasty backlash over them, and I get scared to post anything else, but I REALLY dont see what anyone can say about this one that is negative. So...Im taking a chance here, and Im going to post it. Tell me what you think, and PLEASE pray for me say 10ish MST when I go in for this interview. <3
It seems the sun had been gone far too long,
Like its done nothing but pour since who knows when.
Lately it seems the the dam is close to breaking,
And once again the walls start closing in.
But I feel the tides turning, my luck starting to change.
I cant stop everything from happening, but Im trying to learn to dance in the rain.
Ive felt like the deck is stacked against me,
Like Im setting myself up for the fall,
Ive been way too scared to jump til now,
Wondering if there was anyone left to catch me at all.
But I see the clouds breaking, The thunder starts to fade away.
The sun starts shining and it’s the beginning of a beautiful new day.
I feel like life has given me a second chance.
Like there is nothing but smooth sailing ahead.
I find Im smiling more than I have in so long,
And I feel relief at all this angst Ive shed.
I see the end of the tunnel. I feel my future growing bright.
I shake off all the chains holding me down, and turn my face to the light.
No comments:
Post a Comment