They say that good friends are like good bras, always there for support and always close to your heart. I have friends that are as fantastic and as colorful as Victoria Secret. But Ive been thinking, that bad friends are like DI lingerie, cheap, offering as little support as possible and finding as many ways as possible to showcase all your flaws to the world. I guess that in that regard, I know many people that count as DI sexies instead of haut coutour. However, there are three friends who are my shining diamonds, the people I can count on through thick and thin, and I feel like they deserve a little recognition.
Cat, we were roommates in college, she was transferred into my room at the last minute, and I have never been more grateful! She is the sister that I have always wanted, she makes me laugh, and I know that I can call her bawling and she wont be too busy for me. She wore a blue ribbon the day that my mom has her reattachment surgery, she always calls me on my birthday, and sends me letters..in the mail..just because she loves me, and she would bring me dinner when I was working in the theater because she knew that I was too busy to eat and she knew I would forget to eat for days at a time. I can be totally myself with her, and who I am is always just fine for her. I miss her every day, when I have the crappiest days on the planet, she is the first one I call, and while getting her to answer is sometimes tricky, I always try to say something funny on her voicemail because I know she will need a laugh just at the moment she hears it. I hope she knows just how much I love her, because I know my world would be a far more gloomy place without her in it.
Brian, we were technicians on the same show in college, and I quickly came to love Brian Bear, he has the biggest heart Ive ever met. He is full of wisdom that surpasses that of most men I have met. He has this incredible gift of clarity and empathy, and more importantly, Christlike love. I have rarely heard him say a negative thing about anyone. He was the first person I called after my fiancé broke up with me, and despite it being finals week, when he could have been studying, he ran to my house and held me as I cried. He was the only one that stayed with me in those ultimate dark days, he listened to my fears and insecurities and my hopes and dreams and keeps them safe. He didn't make fun of me when I called him and I told him that I was dancing in the pouring rain with a baked potato in my hand. He has never gotten upset with me when we have differing views of life. He and his wonderful wife are some of my very, very favorite people on this planet, and I am thankful that the Lord put us in the same path.
Dennis, we were in the same humanities class. Except I didnt really notice him until a few months later when I was running around with some other friends and they stopped in to visit a friend of theirs, who happened to be Dennis. He never laughs at my weird recipes, or odd cravings, he always reminds me that there are really fantastic men still left in this world. He always manages to say those things that I need to hear without being callous. He is so compassionate and never lets me give up those things that I really want. He and his wife are two people that I count myself lucky to know.
These are just a few of the great people I know. Within the last few weeks they have done things that just make them incredibly amazing in my book. They were there when I needed a friend the most, they touched my heart with their simple thoughtfulness and they are people I can depend on. They are some of the best things that have ever happened to me, and I love them all so very dearly. Thanks for having my back even though you are far away from where I am. Thanks for being reliable and loving even though I am not where you can see me, and most of all, thanks for the sweet little things that you do that remind me how blessed I am to have true friends.
Three years guys, you made it, THANKS!
No comments:
Post a Comment