So my grandpa, this fantastic, opinionated, big hearted, obstinate and totally wonderful man, is getting married today, as in...4 hours. Some people in my family arent quite sure about what to think, but personally, Im thrilled! My grandpa has had some pretty rough luck in the love department, and I cant think of many people that deserve to be happy more than he does. Now, because Im poor, I didnt get him some big elaborate gift, (which is ok, because they requested no gifts anyway) but I did write him a poem (which Im really hoping is more touching than cheesy) Anyway, here it is.
Pull Together
Something my grandpa always did teach,
when something I lacked seemed beyond reach.
He'd harness his horses and lend me an ear,
but more often than not I was the one who would hear,
of times that were hard and of friends that were kind.
His stories always seemed to soothe my mind.
He taught me to be tough, but to learn how to love,
to give help to your neighbor and trust in help from above.
He taught that my relationship with the Lord
was something to be cherished and adored.
That He pulls hard and I have to pull too.
That equal partnership will always pull me through.
I came to see that what makes a good horse team
are the same things that give a marriage strong seams.
Dedication and heart, willing to work and forgive,
these are things that all lovers must live.
For with husband and wife pulling side by side,
and the power of God making them sanctified.
With Christ leading the way, til we get to the end,
when we find eternal life with our lover and friend.
So when times get tough, as they are apt to do,
Pray Often, Stay Strong and together, Pull Through.
Congratulations Grandpa and Tamera!
No comments:
Post a Comment