Families are Forever
Tuesday, June 14, 2011
I DO care, I really do...oh, no...actually I really don't.
Every relationship, even one of animosity, requires a level of commitment and action from both parties. You might disagree, but it really is true. Bin Laden was committed to hating Americans, he acted upon it often. On the other hand, Romeo and Juliet loved each other (yes, I KNOW they are fictional characters, but go with it!)and they remained committed through their actions to the end. Most people have a hard time with the lack of relationship, I dont mean the 'I am not dating anyone' type, I mean the type where you are ambivalent of feeling toward that person. Where you have that 'Eh, whatever' type of feeling. There are several people in my life right now that I would prefer not to be in my life. I have tried to quietly cut them out without making waves and yet they persist in stirring the pot. It seems that my attempts at ambivalence are in vain, and that frustrates me. Im tired of caring what the critics think, Im tired of having to be on guard all the time because I dont know what will set someone off. I would love to cut them out of my life to make room for people that care about me as a person, who will be true friends, not 'friends' who are callous in their opinions of me and who think that our 'friendship' is an open license for constant criticism. Ive never been one of those people that everyone just loves. It bothered me once, but I dont care any more. The frank truth is that I would rather have no one in my life than to have all these people who just cause me angst. Ive also yet to figure out why, if all these critics dont like what I say or do or think or be, why do they make so much of an effort to remain in my life instead of accepting things as they are and remaining civil when needed and then politely staying out of my life. I dont think it should have to be this difficult to rid myself of dross friends. I guess the truth is, that I need to practice my ability to be passe. It seems that this is my moment of practice. Wish me luck and may I gain a result that brings me peace of mind and makes things just a little easier to handle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I just have to say I agree a thousand times over. But I am also the type of person whether I am giving my opinion that I am kind of nosey and want to know what that person is up to, up until recently I should say. Just delete them on fb and if they add you again BIG FAT DENY!! You need to do you and if it means cutting people out just do it. Don't hide anymore. If they confront you about it just say you have gone down separate paths and you are happy with your life the way it is. You don't have to tell them it is cuz you cut them out of it or numerous people out. They probably will bug you for a while but after a while they will stop cuz they will realize you don't care to have them in your life. You deserve to be happy!
ReplyDelete:) I like you Cassie. And I like this post. And as someone who has madly fought cutting people out of her life for her whole life, I can say that it really is just plain less stressful to just do it. You can do it! :) I used to worry so much about being perfectly nice to everyone...but if people are bad to you, they don't deserve you! :) The end. Good luck lady!
ReplyDelete