I had an interesting thought last night. Im not even really sure where it came from, but it was interesting and I'll try to share it in a way that actually makes sense.
Given the choice to drink from the Fountain of Youth and live forever, or to walk away from the Fountain of Youth and grow old and die, I would chose the latter. Living forever would be a sad and lonely existence. It would be hard to watch the world make the same mistakes over and over again. It would be terribly hard knowing that any friend you ever made would only live a small moment of your time on Earth. I think it would be boring. There is only so much you can do before you have done it all. You would cease to enjoy things as much because you have forever to enjoy it, instead of only a few moments to savor it all. So as hard and as short as life can be, I will strive harder to savor the beautiful things in life for as long as I have them. I hope you will to. Carpe Diem!
No comments:
Post a Comment