Families are Forever

Families are Forever

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Yet another poem

As I lie in bed in the middle of the night
I'm wishing for your arms to come around and hold me tight.
I feel the strains of the day wash over me like a wave
And I'm wishing you would ride in, my broken heart to save.
"How far are you?" I wonder, "How many years down the road?"
"Will the next one be my handsome prince, and not yet another toad?!"
I know God has promised me that someday you will come,
But it's so hard to remember when I'm feeling like the only lonely one.
I wish I could see your face, if only for a moment,
But the part of my path that you are on is still too far bent.
I wish my heart had a landing place, somewhere safe to rest.
Instead God thinks that these years apart are really for the best.
So as I lay in bed tonight, my heart catching on a sigh,
I'll tumble over distant dreams and hope that I don't cry.
I'll pray for you my future love, wherever you may be,
And I wish that somewhere in your sleep, that you will dream of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment