Families are Forever

Families are Forever

Sunday, July 24, 2011

not a lot to say other than LIFE IS GOOD!

I dont really have a lot to say other than life is great! Im loving where my life is at right now, Im anxious to get to school, Ive let my life linger in pause and depression for too long, now its time to hit the PLAY button and get down to some serious living. Ive decided that, for the time being, I want to focus on soil testing and all the applications that go with that, after Ive obtained my degree, I want to try to get on with the LDS Church's Agricultural Department and travel to their various locations to help them produce better crops. What I really want to end up doing is to try and get on their garden projects, they have been going around to some of the places in the world that are really struggling and they teach them how to have the best garden they can possibly have. I want to do this because I want to help people. I want to make a difference in the world, I want to change lives and I want to do it all with the love of the Savior reflecting in my actions. Also, how cool would it be to help starving families in Africa, Peru or Siberia? It would be totally amazing. Im hoping that this is a possibility for me, but only time will tell for sure. I leave in a month, that is, if I get the financial aid and housing all lined out. (really, Im just waiting on them... and praying A LOT!) Im really excited, I know its going to be hard, but it is SO worth it. Im scared and nervous and excited and there are so many other things that I feel, but I cant explain any of them very well, I just feel like Ive been given another chance and I dont want to waste it.

Ive also reacently been trying to get better at my scripture study, if you read 18 pages a day you can do it in a month, I started, but Im not doing so hot...so I need to start again. Im determined to make this a habit, so Ive got to find some way to make it stick. Im open for suggestions on that front.

Also, Ive managed to irritate almost all the old ladies in my ward who get all excited when they find out Im going to school and immediately say "well, maybe this time you will find a young man and finally get married" (Ive got it like 10 times...its SO annoying!) My response is always "If I were going to school to get married I wouldnt have decided to pursue something that would make a career." Its kinda crazy, but I kinda feel like trying to date or anything at this point will only be a distraction for the things I want, Im not even sure if I would agree to go on a date at this point if I were asked...guys are all way more trouble than they are worth and I feel pretty peaceful about continuing this lack of dating in my life. its bizarre, Ive never felt this..relaxed..er..nonchalant about it. I mean, sure, Id like it someday, but not today! NOPE! Ive got a pricy piece of paper to earn first.

Lets see...what else is new? Oh! Ive been haying for my dad. Its going well! we just got all the first crop in. I took the swather on a custom cutting gig and nearly got wiped out by a semi, but I made it home in one piece, so its all good. My arm is getting all sorts of buff from running the joystick in that thing...but only one arm...its a little awkward. I feel like half of me is Brutus and the other half is Olive Oyl..and that does weird things to a girls confidence...especially since neither Brutus nor Olive were particularly attractive...but on the other hand, that incredible sunburn I got has finally turned a mild brown, so parts of my arms are not stark white anymore. The flood crisis has finally gone down, A LOT! I think in the last two weeks the water has fallen maybe 4 feet or so. Im pretty relieved about that, I was worried that we wouldnt be able to harvest two of our fields and now its looking like we might be able to get at least one crop off them if the ground has time to dry out.

Well, since nothing terribly exciting is going on, I should log off and head to bed. I hope this blog post finds you all well. I love ya, and I hope to hear from y'all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment