Families are Forever

Families are Forever

Thursday, August 30, 2012

New poem and a brief update.

So, on the off chance that you have yet to hear, I have met someone. He is awesome and funny and kind and gentle and just all around amazing and I love him! His name is Joe Pluhar and Im so grateful every day for his presence in my life.
See?! Isnt he just the most handsome man you have ever seen?! I am so lucky! :) That being said, he lives in Montana and we arent able to see each other often. I was really missing him last night as I was getting ready for bed, and we agreed to meet each other in our dreams. Suddenly my mind was alight from verses of a poem and I had to write them out. Here they are:
     Meet me in your dreams tonight
I lay in bed, trying to fall asleep, wishing you were here.
So close in my heart, but so far apart, Im missing you my dear.
I close my eyes and picture there those sweet laugh lines on your face,
those sparkling eyes, your gentle hands, that little laugh that time just cant erase.
My heart contracts, Im taken aback, my ears can almost hear you say:
"Meet me in your dreams tonight and stay there til the break of day,
meet me in your dreams tonight, under an alabaster encrusted sky,
meet me where the waves crash in, Where holding you, Im not afraid to fly.
Meet me in that moment still, where nothing seems to move.
Meet me on a battlefield, where I'd fight for you, to win, not lose.
Meet me in that Holy Place where lovers join to become one,
where hand in hand, on bended knee, two lives will end, another begun.
Meet me in your dreams tonight, to lay in a meadow soft and still,
Please meet me there, my darling, say that you will."
I smile in bed and catch that thought, holding it til I drift off.
I meet you there, in my dreams and I hold it dear while others scoff.
I'll always meet you there, for you are always in my heart.
And because I meet you there, no matter how far it is, we are never far apart.
Im pathetic, I know...but Im so happy with him that it doesnt even matter. And while the waiting is hard, moments like this make it all worth it!

1 comment: