Families are Forever

Families are Forever

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Dont take someone for granted, because one day you just might find them gone

So, tonight I became guilty of something I never thought I would do. I took my sweetheart for granted. I know that sounds lame, and sappy and...whatever...but after all Ive been through, I promised myself that I would make sure that the person that I fall in love with knows without a doubt that he is the #1 priority in my life. It all happened tonight when my computer went through a minor series of freakouts that my best friend Brian was logged in remotely trying to fix. It involved syncing all my messenger programs into one funnel program. (my skype, facebook chat and Y!M all run on it, in one window, its pretty sweet!) anyway, we had JUST got it all working and so I was trying to chat with Brian to make sure that we had it right..and then my dad got on and was trying to finish a previous conversation...and then Joe called on his break. I was trying to get it all running and I wont lie. I wasnt paying as much attention to the wonderful man on the phone that I should have been. Finally, in an exasperated voice, he asks "Do I need to hang up so you can pay attention to whatever youre doing?!" Everything came to a screeching halt for me. I hastily reassured him that no, he did not need to hang up, that I would pay attention to him for the few minutes that we had to talk. Without another word, I laid the computer aside and walked into another room where we could talk for a few minutes. I feel so terrible for ignoring him like that, and I know that most people will say "oh, dont worry about it, it will happen sometimes" but for me, its still not ok. I didnt spend all those years alone, wishing and praying for a man as good as he to love me, only to ignore them and disregard them when I was distracted. I know that there will be times that I just dont pay attention too well. That we might ignore each other or whatever, but I really never, EVER want to be so 'busy' that I cant pay attention to the man who loves me. Especially when he takes the time to call me on his work break, when he could be hanging with the guys or whatever. I dont want to him for granted, I want him to know that I love him, not because I say it, but because I make the effort to show him that he is the man above all other men in my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment