so Ive been really bad lately...haha. Im sorry! this summer has been WAY crazy! my job had me working nights and weekends...NOT fun! but it enabled me to meet so many great people and learn so many things. I had a lot of fun :) that job is over and I just got a job working at JH appliance in Jackson. I mostly do a lot of paper shuffling (not hard at all, just stuff that needed done) and answering and transferring phone calls. my co-workers are SO fun to work with, and I really enjoy work! last weekend I went camping (pics soon...I hope! :D) we were up by south pass city. I had never been there before, it was a lot of fun seeing the old town, and learning about so much history that I had never heard before. also, my cousins cute little boy Colin ran up to my mom and exclaimed "Auntie Ri-Ris! [Iris] Where are all the goats?!" he thought it was a goat town...not a ghost town. the other little boy that was with us thought we were going to get attacked by ghosts so it was fun to see how the two little boys handled it differently. Mom, Nate and I went to Rock Creek after we left south pass city and the spirit was SO strong there, it was very beautiful! then when we went to leave, we got a flat tire, and had to change it in this HOWLING wind! We also had a 'goee to town' contest at the reunion, where everyone was supposed to show up to breakfast in their weirdest outfits. My cousins son Riley (I have lots of cousins)won first place because he raided his grandmas underwear drawer and ran around camp in her unmentionables. (much to her mortification) then my cousin Shanna took second place in a floppy sun hat, DI dress and the same unmentionables hanging out the back trailing toilet paper, and I took third place with the most horrific outfit on all of creation. the only redeeming fact was my sweet A boots. Ill try to get pictures of all of this an put them up for everyone to see! After the escapade with the tire, I left for farson and crashed at my aunts house to get up bright and early to drive to kemmerer. I met up with a new friend, Wes, and we went to fort brider for the last day of the rendezvous down there. unfortunately, one of the bills that I had paid before I left saturday, ran though a few days earlier than it should have, and my bank account was drained...we ended up eating a small lunch, (wes is 6'6, so I really felt for him when he ate the same amount as me, and I wasnt even full, but he was a trooper and didnt complain like a lot of guys I know.) I left for home, and realized that I would need gas before I made it into the valley, I kept praying that I could make it to cokeville and woudnt you know, I had plenty of gas :) so I kept driving, with my dad and nate headed toward me with a 5 gallon jug of gas for me. I met them at the canyon club, and I had more fuel than I had thought (not to say that I wouldnt have made it home without their help..but I could have MAYBE made it to the top of South end. Im grateful for people that bail me out when Im stranded on the side of the road. (people being my amazing daddy!) well I finally made it home late that night, and had to go to work early the next day. I learned a lot that first day, one of them being that sleep is key to a productive day. The next day I was still exhausted, and I ended up at work an hour early (I ride with my parents, they start way before I do) so I laid my head down...and took an hour long nap on my desk! Im pretty certain thats not a great way to impress a new boss. that incident aside, work has been fairly uneventful :) Im liking this job, and Im loving life! things arent perfect, they never are...but Im happy with the flaws and I know they are exactly how they should be! well...Im off to hit the hay, but I wish y'all the best! many loves! <3
Cassie
Holy cow, that's a CRAZY week! I'm glad you got home safely though! What a neat experience. I can't wait to see pictures of your "costume." I'm glad you are doing good Cassie! I have always enjoyed your positive outlook on things. I'm always impressed how you pull through tough times. There is so much in store for you, I just know it! I like hearing little updates on your life Cassie =) It's alway nice for us to know you're doing well, especially when we have such crazy schedules that don't allow us to call a lot.
ReplyDelete