Families are Forever

Families are Forever

Friday, November 12, 2010

7 Pounds

I said a long time ago that I would write movie reviews, but I have only done one...I know...I know..I'm SUCH a slacker! Anyway, this week I watched 7 pounds, and I ADORED it! I thought the story was touching, the design concepts were flawless and it was just a wonderful piece of work. 7 Pounds is about a man who goes around trying to help 7 people. Why? Well...see, it all started years ago, when he caused an accident that killed 7 people. The guilt of this weighs on his mind, and he feels compelled to make restitution by giving life back to people who deserve it but have no chance otherwise. His compassion and ultimate sacrifice are incredible and, for me. believable. Some of the people I watched this with thought that the ending was horrible, but I felt that it was the only way there would be any real peace for the main character. My favorite part of the movie was when he was in the nursing home and helped the old lady. She reminded me of my grandmother and that scene was especially poignant. I don't want to spoil this movie too much for people that haven't see it yet, so I wont say anything more, but I will say that if you haven't seen it, this is definitely worth it! Will Smith is doing a great job of breaking out of his typecast, and I would place this above Pursuit of Happyness (which I LOVED, And subsequently left in West Yellowstone last summer when I left in a haze of self pity....don't judge, you weren't there.) Anyway...I would give this a 5 out of 5 for a well cast, beautifully written and produced movie that will inspire and stir emotion. (If it doesn't do anything for you...really, I pity you.) Also, one last side not for people who appreciate these things like I do....This movie was BEAUTIFULLY scored. I was HIGHLY impressed.

2 comments:

  1. I loved this movie!! You forgot to mention that you will need a box of tissues because if you have a heart at all you will cry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha Yes, thats true. It will stir emotion, but I didnt cry (although,in my defense...with the exception of about 14 months after my engagement fell apart, Ive never been a very emotional person. during those 14 months or so, everything made me cry, but I grew out of that. thank heaven!)

    ReplyDelete