Families are Forever
Friday, October 7, 2011
Minor Ironies and a Big Conclusion
This is really retarded...and I dont know why Im so bothered about it...but my friend set me up on this date that didnt work out (see previous post). The guy I got set up with told us that he had conflicting plans and just wasnt able to make it that night. (being last night) So imagine my surprise when I ran into him at the gym last night when the date was scheduled for. Im a little irritated...I mean...its one thing to not go out with me...Im not really a fan of the whole 'set up' thing anyway...but really?! I was pretty mortified to be on the receiving end of someones dating charity anyway, but decided to deal with it and have a good time with someone that I would like to get to know better as a friend...I dont even consider anything beyond that...its just an impossible aspect to grasp for me. But I guess Im a little miffed that I got stiffed for a weights session...I know Im not the prettiest or smartest girl in the ward...that I get a little nervous around some people and come off as weird...but even then...I would never agree to something them cancel for some gym time. I mean...jeeze...all he had to do was to say 'no, thanks!' and that would have been the end of that...which has led me to the conclusion that I am done with being set up, Im done with asking guys out, and Im kinda done dreaming about it. I would much rather be happy on my own than to feel like my presence is being forced on someone who would rather see me fall into a deep chasm than to take me to dinner. argh!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What a jerk!
ReplyDeleteHa ha Cassie sorry I am totally Facebook stalking you, but I will have to tell you of a date that I had once kind of like that but the guy actually went with me.... It was horrible! But it is someone that we both know so I won't share it here for all to see :) I have somewhat of a heart. Ha ha? By the way this is Sarah "Hancock"
ReplyDelete