Families are Forever

Families are Forever

Saturday, October 1, 2011

A snapshot to be savored

Today was the best day ever. No, really....the BEST. DAY....EVER!!!! First off, its conference, how amazing is that?! I get to go listen to a PROPHET speak. Fantastic! So there I am, listening, being spiritually edified, when the Prophet stands up. With his lighthearted and funny way, he offered an emphatic and rather surprised "Hello!" and I smiled. He makes me laugh, this prophet. Little did I know that in a few moments, this man, the Prophet of God, who, ironically, is a distant cousin, would change my life. Forever. He began talking about temples, then he told of the Provo tabernacle that was almost totally destroyed last fall. He announced that they are going to renovate it, and that at the end, it would be dedicated as a temple. The crowd was shocked! Then, he announced a temple in Columbia, Durban, South Africa, and the Congo. I was thinking how cool new temples are, when I noticed a slight pause in his list. Then he said Star Valley, Wyoming. For the slightest moment, it seemed as if the world hung in suspense together, then, as one, it was exhilarating chaos. The institute building I was in erupted into shouts of joy at the first Wyoming temple was announced in my hometown. There were shocked gasps and loud exclamations, but I just sat there, stunned. I turned to Shaelie and just said "Oh...My...Gosh!" Then I realized what this meant and I went "OH MY GOSH! OHMYGOSHOHMYGOSH!" I laughed really hard, and then promptly burst into tears. I kept waiting for President Monson to say "Just kidding! No temple in Star Valley!" or for me to wake up...but the fact that my feet are frozen has me convinced this is not a dream, and the fact that there is a spot on the church temple list with my hometown on it has me assured that this is not a joke! I was on an incredible high for the rest of the day! I finally calmed down a few hours later and we decided to make some enchiladas for between sessions tomorrow, Im super excited for those! YUM! :) Then I came back to my place. Im alone tonight since my roommate is off doing some wedding shopping with her mom. Shaelie texts me and I tells me she has more exciting news for me. There is this guy in my ward that I really want to get to know better, and she and her almost-boyfriend have got him to agree to go on a double date with them...and me. haha! its insane! This has just been one fantastic moment on top of another! Im SO excited for conference tomorrow, and enchiladas :) Im ECSTATIC about the temple in Star Valley, and Im really really looking forward to this date :) HOLY COW! LIFE IS SOOOOOOOO GOOD RIGHT NOW! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment