Families are Forever

Families are Forever

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Adventures shoud be funner than this....

So the last few days I have had a HORRIBLE time breathing...like...Im trying to breathe through a PVC tube and its just not all getting to my lungs. My body aches from the strain of me trying to breathe and it hit an unplesant apex last night. Im laying in bed, gasping like a fish on the floor when I start realizing that I cant brush it off anymore, I get upstairs where everyone else is, and give my dad an ultimatum. Give me a blessing, or take me to the ER (Im kinda secretly hoping for both...but I know he doenst like either option) after about a half hour of his 'tests' he determines that I should go to the ER, while Dr. Mom taps away at her source of infinite knowledge...the internet. Between the two of them they conclude that I have anemia, and that this can wait til morning. They insist I take some iron in some form, and a muscle relaxer to help me breathe easier. (ok...that DID seem to help) Morning rolls around and they act like nothing happened, but I am adamant that I am going to the hospital. (Say what you will...when you feel like I do, you would do the same thing!) When I get there, there is one father frazzled looking nurse and one bowtie sporting (and dare I say rather unsure) looking doctor. I tell them everything that has been going on, and the doctor decides that I need X-Rays and blood work...Ohhhh-Kaaaayyy...I go off, have some lovely x-rays taken of my chest (I have a big heart...just thought Id share that) and then go off to have some guy with a needle take out my blood, he was really good! I hardly felt a thing, and it didnt bleed very much either. Then BACK to the doctor I go, I sit in a little exam room on my own for a while...getting grossed out at the sick sounds of the guy next door to me, and then Dr.Bowtie is back, long story short? Once again, my x-rays are clear and the only thing on my bloodwork is that my iron and red platelettes are too high, so I most certainly dont have anemia (good I guess), I also dont have wheezzing or fluid in my lungs (also good) so that rules out asthma. So the only thing it could be is pleurisy or stress, he pops my back to see if that will help at all, and sends me on my way...I cant WAIT to see how much this is going to cost...:( So I can kinda breathe better now...but there is no reason why I cant breathe. Super-flipping-fantastic. Lets just hope that whatever it is goes away fast. Yeah..this whole day feels like a bad Halloween movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment