Families are Forever

Families are Forever

Monday, December 6, 2010

Bucket List

Ive been thinking about posting this for a long time, but for some reason it just feels right for today. (Jo, I saw that you posted this, and while it may have helped inspire, Im not copying, I promise! lol!)

before I die, I want to:

Go to Italy, France and Spain. I want to stand in St. Peters Basilica, walk the halls of the palace of the Sun King and see the city of Alhambra.

Go to conference one more time.

Learn how to rock climb.

Have a cute house with a red kitchen, apple green living room and a caramel colored bathroom with a giant copper claw footed tub.

Have a dog, always. I dont mean those little yapping, vibrating rats they call 'toy breeds' I mean a dog that can protect me, and cuddle me and just be all around freaking awesome.

Go back to University of Utah Preemie unit and volunteer for a week. I feel that in order to know where you are going you must know where you have been. Besides...I want those babies to know they can make it too.

Own a truck, Manual transmition of course.

Be someone that makes a difference.

Be happy, like all the time.

Have a great man tell me that I am beautiful, and really mean it. (family members dont count)

Create beautiful things.

Have someone call me 'Mommy'

Get flowers from a secret admirer (even if its my little cousin who cant sign the card).

Finish my book.

Dance in the rain, Again.

Become someone truly amazing.

Be good enough at something that my parents can be proud of me.

Not live in my parents house in 5 years either. (27 is just too old for that nonsense!)

I know this one will piss people off, but this is my list, and my biggest dream and fear. If you dont like it, please dont tell me, because Im really tired of having people tell me that its not important. I want to fall in love. Like the eternal, happy even when you want to kill each other, everything is going wrong and holding wrinkly old hands together kind of love. But even more than me falling in love, I want him to feel the same way, and for him to stay that way. Deluded, idealistic, and hopelessly romantic but not realistic, I know...but I want it anyway.

I want my bills paid off, that would be really awesome.

I also want a car that gets rather toasty in the winter too. Warm enough that I can feel my toes, and cozy enough that I dont get hypothermia once a week when I have to drive to church.

I want to decorate a bedroom based on Alphons Muchas paintings. Art Nouveau is the BOMB!

I want to be able to wear a red dress and not feel like a pizza either lol. I think its time I start another intensive sking care regime. (ok..this one might be based on the fact that I have a HOT red dress and I feel like it makes my face look awkward so I never wear it...or maybe the fact that a girl just came into my work and asked if I was in high school..um...NO.)

Be a better photographer/artist/poet/writer...I want work that moves people.

Get lasix

Live. Go with the flow. Stop freaking out all the time. When I die, I want them to say that I lived happily ever after, but most importantly, that I LIVED.

1 comment: