Families are Forever

Families are Forever

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Coming soon!

Oh my gosh! I am just SO excited! I finally found a way to follow my dream! Last Friday I enrolled in the Sheffield School of Design, emphasizing in Interior Design! I'M GOING TO SCHOOL! I AM DOING SOMETHING WITH MY LIFE!! I AM GOING TO MAKE BEAUTIFUL THINGS IN THE WORLD AND HELP OTHERS TO ENJOY THE BEAUTY AROUND THEM!!!!!!! I am so very excited! (in case you didn't get that before :D) I'm going to be taking all my classes on line and through correspondence and I am thrilled! I have wanted to be an interior designer for a very long time. I remember watching Trading Spaces and While You Were Out and being totally enthralled. I designed my dream bedroom when I was 15 and while it never came to fruition, I just knew that it would be an amazing space. My vivid imagination and eye for color are always being engaged while I am designing, be it sets, rooms, costumes, wedding gowns, lighting...its endless. I seem to have this passion for large, functional art. I am so excited to see where this is going to take me!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Cassie! :) I'm so happy for you! This sounds like something you are really passionate about. How exciting! :) Good luck and I hope you'll keep blogland filled in about design school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha Thanks Jo! I start homework tonight, Im anxious about getting started, but Ill be sure to keep everyone filled in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If interior design is what you want to do, that's awesome!

    Just a warning though, it's HARD stuff. It's not just picking out colors and fluffing pillows (that's interior decorating). It's designing the actual room, knowing building codes, architecture, all those important things.

    When i was in the design program at BYU-I they said that the program was comparable to the nursing program with how difficult it was. They have over a 50% drop out rate! It's crazy. The program starts each year with like 60-80 students (if i remember right) and ends with like 12! Crazy!

    But if you are really passionate and it's what you want to do then you go girl!

    ReplyDelete